If you have ever wanted to link to something OFF of your website (an external link) you may have been scratching your head trying to figure out how to do it. Luckily, you don’t need an extra plugin or a magic wand – all you need to do is use WordPress’s built-in menu feature to link to other websites. You can use this trick to link to other platforms you have (courses you’ve built, social media, your call scheduler) & it’s easier than you think. Watch the video or read the steps below to learn how to add external links to your wordpress website.
We know everyone learns differently – if you prefer video, please watch the video tutorial above! If you’re more of a step-by-step person, we’ve written out the steps below.
How to Add External Links to WordPress
- Navigate to your WordPress dashboard.
- Find the Appearance tab on your left sidebar and select “Menus.”
- Under the “Add Menu Items” section, select “Custom Links.”
- Type in the URL you want to link to, and add the menu tab name in the Link Text field.
- Click “Add to Menu.”
- Click “Save Menu”.
- Refresh your website and your new item will appear in your menu bar.