Whether you’re working on a new brand OR refining your existing one, it is so helpful to look around the web for ideas. But what if you stumble across a color or font that you love – but don’t know what the hex code or font name is? Luckily, in this tutorial, we show you how to use these must-have chrome extensions for choosing brand colors and fonts (it’s so easy – you’re going to be hooked!)
We know everyone learns differently – if you prefer video, please watch the video tutorial above! If you’re more of a step-by-step person, we’ve written
Must-Have Chrome Extensions for Choosing Brand Colors and Fonts – Step by Step
Choosing Brand Colors with ColorZilla Chrome Extension</strong
1. First, search for the Google Chrome Extension store.
2. Search for ColorZilla. Click Add Extension button. A pop-up will appear to confirm that you want to add this extension.
3. Click the Extensions Icon in the top right corner of your browser, and pin Color Zilla.
4. Search for Fonts Ninja and repeat the process to add the extension to your browser bar.
5. To use ColorZilla, go to the website that you want to review, and click the ColorZilla icon. Select Pick color from page.
6. Click on the section of color. It will load in Color Zilla and you can see the hex code by clicking on the color swatch.
Choosing Brand Fonts with Fonts Ninja Chrome Extension
1. Repeat steps 1-3 above to download and pin Fonts Ninja to your browser toolbar.
2. To use Fonts Ninja, click the icon. Once the extension is enabled, hover your mouse over any text on the website and you’ll see the font name and details.
Check out our other branding tutorials!
- How to Upload Fonts to Canva
- How to Preview Divi Fonts Using Google Fonts
Don’t yet have the Divi Theme?
Divi is a premium WordPress theme that is literally the only theme you will ever need to have an incredible website. With a powerful page-builder, tons of ready to implement templates (including those found in our effortless website kits) this drag and drop theme will have you eager to get your website up and running exactly how you want it. Create any website you could ever dream up with ease.
(Note this is our company affiliate link & should you choose to purchase through our link we will earn a commission. Thank you, you will LOVE Divi!!)
Divi Theme + Effortless Web Kits
Our effortless website kits are built utilizing Divi! The web kits are high-converting websites, crafted for entrepreneurs & small business owners. Stop letting tech prevent you from launching your website and business. With an effortless website kit, you’ll have your site up lickity-split! Sit back & start watching the sales & leads pour in.
Article By: Karyn Paige
Web Developer on the SMC Team
I love looking at something – anything – and wondering how it was created. When I develop an interest in something, I immediately go all in to figure out how it works and what’s the story behind it.